Scarves are a fun accessory that will liven any basic outfit. There‚Äôs plenty of different styles and we‚Äôre going to show you how to wear a scarf multiple ways. ¬†Originally scarves were just to help us keep warm but now scarves come in a variety of fabrics and are meant to be worn year round.
One of our favorite styles is the infinity scarf. The style is so convenient to wrap twice around your neck and it best to keep warm or for an extra long scarf. ¬† They come in different prints, colors and fabrics like silk and chunky knits? ¬†If you have a scarf you‚Äôve already purchased you can style it in more than one way. ¬† For example to make an infinity scarf, take both ends and tie them together, place that knot behind your neck and then make another loop around your neck for an instant infinity scarf.
Scarves are great for travel too. ¬† They keep you warm on the plane and also add something extra to your basic travel outfits. ¬†Here at AllieLor we offer a few different scarves, check them out under accessories on our main page. ¬† To help make it easier ¬†below are different ways of how wear a scarf. ¬† We hope these tips are helpful to you!
Have a great day!
The stores are already stocking up for Spring 2014. ¬† In many parts of the United States right now people are snowed in as temperatures have been hovering around freezing on the East Coast and in the Midwest since the holidays. ¬† ¬†We are lucky because here in Southern California on the coast the temperatures rarely dip below 50 degrees.
To get a jump-start on Spring 2014 fashion we decided to put together our favorite trends that we are starting to see in stores.
1. ¬†Pastels! ¬†Normally when we think of pastels for spring it reminds us of babies, Easter bunnies and colored eggs. ¬†However this year instead of the bright greens and yellows that we have seen in the past few years, we are going to see soft pinks, baby blues and other pastel colors. ¬† Not everyone is a big fan of pastels so we suggest to update your wardrobe maybe just add a blush colored blouse or a scarf to your outfit. ¬† Head to toe pastels is not always the most flattering look for grown women, but a soft baby blue blouse paired with a dark grey suit looks great for work. ¬† Not feeling this trend? ¬†Read on for more Spring 2014 fashion trends.
2. ¬†Midiskirt. ¬†What is that? It is a skirt that is not a maxi skirt and not a mini skirt. (Also called a tea length skirt). ¬†It hits in between the knee and the ankle. ¬†It’s a perfect length for transitioning from one season to another. ¬†For those of you that would not be caught dead in a mini skirt this is the perfect option. ¬† This is a great length also for those of us that tend to shy away from skirts in general. ¬† We love this length with high heels.
3. ¬†Wide Leg Trousers: ¬† Wide legs trousers are a huge trend for Spring 2014. ¬† These generally work well for tall slender types. ¬† Shop wisely and try on a few pairs that will work for you. ¬†They work best with platform sandals.
4. ¬†Bomber Jackets: ¬†Bomber jackets were seen all over the runway for Spring 2014. ¬†These are not the bomber jacket that was inspired by the Top Gun movie with Tom Cruise. ¬† These bomber jackets are more ladylike and made out of luxe fabrics like satin and soft prints.
5. ¬†Big Floral Prints: ¬†We save the best for last. ¬†Oversized floral prints are our favorite spring trend. ¬† You will find these prints on dresses, skirts, blouses and even handbags. ¬† This trend seems to replace the geometric avant garde prints from the past few years. ¬† If this trend implies that you have to dress like your grandmothers living room curtains, think again. ¬† A sleeveless summer tunic with a large floral print under a white jacket ¬†for work is modern yet fresh. ¬† If that seems too over the top for your personal style, you can always opt for a floral scarf or a floral statement necklace to usher in Spring.
What is your favorite Spring Trend?¬†
Allie & Lori
Statement necklaces are very on trend for 2014. ¬†Statement necklaces can add dimension and color to any outfit and they come in a wide array of colors and designs depending on your mood or outfit. ¬† Statement necklaces, in particular, can make jeans and a basic top, a solid dress with heels so much more fashionable and visually interesting. ¬† With a statement necklace you can forgo wearing earrings or other pieces of jewelry because the necklace is like a centerpiece on its own.
Shop for unique, one-of-a-kind statement necklaces at AllieLor Collections. ¬† We offer a wide array of different styles of statement necklaces from around the world. ¬† ¬†Browse under “necklaces” on our home page. ¬†www.allielorcollections.com
Stay tuned for future blog posts on 2014 Fashion Trends!
Allie & Lori